Mowing Roadside and Median

The Public Services Department is responsible for mowing most of all the paved and gravel rural road right of ways within the City corporate limits. The City typically makes one pass on both sides of the road on an "as needed" basis (about 3 or 4 times a year). All street island maintenance is performed by the Parks Department at (515) 222-3444.

All mowing issues on private property must be referred to our Community Compliance Division at (515) 222-3480, or reported on:  yourGov.  Please call Public Services at (515) 222-3480 with questions regarding any mowing issues that occur within the City right of way.

Roadside Mowing