The Public Services Department has assumed the responsibility for the enforcement of certain nuisance codes. The following list identifies common code enforcement requests handled by the department:
- Junk cars (inoperable, not properly licensed, parts missing, etc.) on private property.
- Auto parts stored outside on private property.
- Vehicles and trailers parked on unpaved surfaces.
- Junk and debris in the yard.
- Weeds and/or grass growing to a height of 10" or more. (Typically, a 72 hour notice will be given.)
- Snow and ice removal from sidewalks. (24 hours after snow has ceased, a 24-hour notice will be given.)
- Sidewalk defects
If you have a code compliance request, please contact 222-3480 during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Alternately, you can report any possible violations by clicking the Report Violation icon:
Please note that first we will investigate to determine if there is truly a violation that we can enforce. Second, we will contact the property owner by mail to notify them of the violation. Third, in most circumstances, we provide the property owner 7 to 10 days to correct the violation.
|Mortgage lenders are asked to register abandoned and foreclosed properties with the City.
Learn more here about feeding waterfowl: Please don't feed the geese