RECREATION PROGRAM PARTICIPANT/STAFF SAFETY
1. The City of West Des Moines will post signage prominently indicating no one should attend or participate in a recreation program if they currently have symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
|2. Any person who is experiencing symptoms of coronavirus will be prohibited from entering the program and/or facility.|
|3. If a child develops symptoms, they will be isolated and they will have to be picked up. There will be a strict 72 hour sick policy. If your child has a fever, they cannot return until they are 72 hours fever free without the aid of medicine as recommended by the CDC.|
|4. Each participant and staff member must take their temperature the morning of the activity.|
|5. Participants and staff are encouraged to wear masks or cloth face coverings but it is not required.|
|6. Participants must bring their own water bottles and must have their name on it.|
|7. Hand sanitizer bottles will be provided at each location/program.|
|8. Games and activities will be structured with little to no contact between participants. All participants will be expected to social distance at all times.|
|9. Increased outside play will take place during appropriate weather conditions.|
|10. Sharing of supplies, toys and equipment will be kept to a minimum. If necessary to share any items, each item will be sanitized following use.|
|11. Field trips involving City-provided transportation will not take place.|
|12. Arrival and drop-off times may be staggered or other protocols put in place to limit close contact with parents or caregivers as much as possible.|
|13. Any food provided will be individually pre-packaged.|
WDM Parks and Recreation Program Guides
Questions? Call 515-222-3444 or email ParkRec@wdm.iowa.gov
(Family members are added to your account at the time you register them for a program.)
RECREATION PROGRAM REFUND POLICY
Please call the West Des Moines Parks and Recreation Department Administrative Office at 515-222-3444 Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to request a refund.
- Full refunds will be given if the request is submitted no later than 7 days prior to the program start date.
- Refund requests submitted less than 7 days before the start date will be charged a $10.00 withdrawal fee.
- Requests for refunds submitted after the event start date or completion of the program will not be considered.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks to process a check refund for payments originally made by cash or check. No cash refunds will be given.
- Payments made by credit/debit card will be refunded back to the original credit/debit card.
- The Recreation Program Refund Policy does not apply to travel programs or adult sport leagues.
- Refunds for medical situations will be considered on a case by case basis.
We reserve the right to cancel a program or activity that does not meet the minimum number of participants necessary to offer the program.
REGISTRATION CHANGE FEE
A fee of $5 will be charged for each Registration Change made after participants are enrolled in a program.
RECREATION PROGRAM ASSISTANCE
Fee discounts are available for WDM residents meeting guidelines for assistance. Applications will be available at WDM Human Services, 139 6th Street.
It is the responsibility of the individual with a disability requiring accommodations to inform the Parks and Recreation Department, at least 48 hours in advance. Please call 222-3444 to have accommodations provided.