- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) Maps - This is the FEMA website that provides flood maps and other useful information regarding flood hazards in support of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources Private Septic Systems - This provides useful information regarding private septic systems on City property.
- Iowa Administrative Code - Private Sewage Disposal Systems - The Iowa Code 567, Chapter 69 gives information for regulations on private sewage disposal systems.
- Public Improvement Construction Plan Checklist - The City of West Des Moines requires this document to be completed with any public improvement for subdivisions.
Survey - Benchmarks & Vertical Control Points - Vertical Control was established to third-order accuracy utilizing existing National Geodetic survey monuments tied to the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88).
- Traffic Counts - The City of West Des Moines regularly collects traffic count data for locations around the City.
Ultimate Streets Map as Adopted 2010
- Utility Map - The Utilities Map shows the locations of sanitary and storm sewer utilities.
- Street Lighting Policy - The City shall require that this policy be implemented when street lights are
installed along a City street with an urban cross section.
- Street Lighting Submittal Requirements - Required with the submittal of any street light analysis.
- Veterans Parkway Property Owner Meeting Notes, January 26, 2017
- Veterans Pkwy_2-2-17_Small
- Additional Veterans Parkway Alternatives_Small
- Great Western Trail Public Meeting 01-04-2017