Temporary Changes to Police Service Delivery
For Further Information Contact
The West Des Moines Police Department is committed to continuing their law enforcement service to the community. Officers are on duty around the clock and will continue to respond to calls for service within the community.
In support of the community wide effort to minimize unnecessary public exposure, the West Des Moines Police Department reminds the community of on-line services already available. While the front lobby is open during business hours, we encourage the public to use these options if possible.
- Criminal reports for non-violent offenses may be filed at https://www.wdm.iowa.gov/government/police/online-police-services/online-police-report
- Copies of police reports and other records may be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Records personnel can be reached at (515) 222-3320
In addition to these measures, the West Des Moines Police Department is amending the list of services offered at the police station.
- Public fingerprinting is suspended
- Non-employee access to secure areas of the building and ride-alongs are suspended
- Regularly scheduled programming including the Citizen Police Academy, Crime Free Multi Housing training, and Public Safety Cadets are suspended
- Conditioning Camp and Open House for officer recruiting have been canceled
We will look forward to reinstating these impacted programs when it is reasonable and appropriate.