Curb it! recycling occurs every other week on your normal solid waste collection day. Select this link for the current year's collection schedule, based on the color of the lid on your cart (green or black):MWA's website.
For missed pickups, cart exchanges and replacements, or any other cart issue, call Waste Management at 24-GREEN (244-7336). To order an additional cart, call Metro Waste Authority at 244-0021.
Your cart should be within 18 inches of the curb with the short metal bar facing the street. Tips for placement:
• Do not place the cart near low hanging branches.
• To avoid damage to public and private property, place the cart at least 6 feet away from mailboxes, lamp posts and other permanent structures.
• Place your cart on as level a surface as possible.
• Yard waste bags and other large items should be 3 to 6 feet away from your cart.
• Placing the cart in your driveway reduces the likelihood that access to it will be blocked by vehicles, landscaping or snow.
• Close the lid prior to pickup.
HOA, Townhome, and Mobile Home Recycling
Click here for information: Recycling for HOA's Townhomes, Mobile Home Parks
Doorside Recycling for Apartments
Click here for information: Recycling for Apartments
Learn how you can recycle at your upcoming event! Event Recycling
Don't let the Tricky Six sneak into your recycling cart!
Knowing what can and can't go in your Curb It! cart can be tough. Below is a link to Metro Waste Authority's Tricky Six list of the worst recycling contaminants that must NOT go in the recycling cart. Please help make Curb It! recycling a success by not letting these sneak into your cart. Tricky 6 Recycling
Find out details on these popular events by clicking on:
| Scrap Metal & Appliance Drop Off Events
| Scrap Tire Drop Off Event
Other guidelines concerning the Curb it! recycling program can be found on Metro Waste Authority's website. Residents can also contact Metro Waste Authority at 244-0021. Metro Waste Authority (MWA) is an award-winning regional government agency that coordinates recycling programs for its member communities and is a leader in many environmental issues in Central Iowa.