2017 Holiday Giving OpportunitiesBring joy to someone’s life this holiday season by assisting a family in need through the West Des Moines Human Services Holiday Assistance Program. West Des Moines Human Services has been helping people in need since 1979. As a department with the City of West Des Moines, we are a non-profit agency that provides necessary assistance to low-income, elderly and disabled individuals in our service area. Many of the households we serve are surviving on very limited incomes and struggle to afford even the most basic necessities. Some are faced with hardships that make it difficult to feel the joy of the holiday season.
YOU can make a difference! Please consider providing assistance in any of the following ways:
- ADOPT A FAMILY for the holidays by providing gifts for the children in the household. Your gifts may be delivered directly to the family, or to West Des Moines Human Services.
- Provide NEW TOYS/GIFTS or GIFT CARDS for kids (newborn through 18 years of age) to support our annual Toyland program. Toyland is available to families who are not sponsored through the Adopt A Family Program. Distribution takes place December 13, 14 and 15. We ask that donations be dropped off on or by Tuesday, December 12; we can also arrange to pick up donations.
- Provide a GROCERY GIFT CARD to assist a low-income family with a holiday meal.
- Make a MONETARY DONATION to assist the department in helping those less fortunate during the holiday season and throughout the year.
- Looking for a gift for someone who has everything? Show your family, friends or business associates that you care by making a donation in their honor! Make an online donation and then use the "gift a donation" link below to submit a form - we will send a card to the recipient, stating that a donation has been made in their honor, along with any personalized message you provide. The gift to give to someone who has everything is to give to someone who has nothing this holiday season.
With your help, we can brighten the holiday season for many in our own community. If you are interested in participating, please complete and return our Holiday Sponsor Form (link below), or Donate Now.
Thank you for your partnership and continued support of West Des Moines Human Services. Please join us in making this a happy holiday for all.