2019 Holiday Giving OpportunitiesBring joy to someone’s life this holiday season by assisting a family in need through the West Des Moines Human Services Holiday Assistance Program. As a department with the City of West Des Moines, we are a non-profit agency that provides necessary assistance to low-income, elderly and disabled individuals in our service area. Many of the households we serve are surviving on very limited incomes and struggle to afford even the most basic necessities. Some are faced with hardships that make it difficult to feel the joy of the holiday season.
YOU can make a difference! Please consider providing assistance in any of the following ways:
- ADOPT A FAMILY for the holidays by providing gifts for the children in the household. Your gifts may be delivered directly to the family, or to West Des Moines Human Services.
- Provide NEW UNWRAPPED TOYS/GIFTS or TEEN GIFTS/GIFT CARDS to support our annual Giftland (formerly Toyland) program. Giftland is available to families with children from newborn up to age 18 years old who are not sponsored through the Adopt A Family Program. Distribution takes place on December 13th. We ask that donations be dropped off on or by Thursday, December 12th; we can also arrange to pick up donations if needed (please call 515-222-3663).
- Provide a GROCERY GIFT CARD to assist a low-income family with a holiday meal.
- Make a MONETARY DONATION to assist the department in helping those less fortunate during the holiday season and throughout the year.
- Looking for a gift for someone who has everything? Show your family, friends or business associates that you care by making a donation in their honor! Make an online donation and then use the "gift a donation" link below to submit a form - we will send a card to the recipient, stating that a donation has been made in their honor, along with any personalized message you provide.
With your help, we can brighten the holiday season for many in our own community. If you are interested in participating, please complete and return our Holiday Sponsor Form (link below), or CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW!
Thank you for your partnership and continued support of West Des Moines Human Services. Please join us in making this a happy holiday for all.