- Approved Capital Improvement Projects Budget - This is the FY 2015-2016 Capital Project Budget that overviews a part of the City's financial program which includes improvements for streets and traffic control, sanitary sewers, storm water, parks, and city facilities.
- City Code - This code was last updated by ordinance 2083 passed February 23, 2015.
- City Council Meetings - The City Council Meetings are every Monday night at 5:30 PM. Available Council Packets are available by email request.
- City Map - The West Des Moines Official Streets Map is available for free from Public Works. It may be picked up at the Public Works Facility. This map is also available for download in PDF format.
- Comprehensive Plan - The City Council adopted a modified Comprehensive Plan on September 20, 2010. These files are in .pdf format. You will need a .pdf reader to open, read, or print the files from your computer. To purchase a bound paper copy of the Plan or a 24 inch x 36 inch color land use map, you will need to send a check for $30.00 per book and $6.00 per map, payable to the City of West Des Moines to the following address:
- County Environmental Health - These are links to county information regarding environmental health.
- Demographics - The City of West Des Moines has data regrading current city demographics using this link.
- Development & Planning Council Subcommittee Meetings (Coming Soon)
- Development Services Division - This link is for the Development Services within the City of West Des Moines website.
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) Maps - This is the FEMA website that provides flood maps and other useful information regarding flood hazards in support of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources Private Septic Systems - This provides useful information regarding private septic systems on City property.
- Iowa Administrative Code - Private Sewage Disposal Systems - The Iowa Code 567, Chapter 69 gives information for regulations on private sewage disposal systems.
- Policies (Coming Soon)
- Public Improvement Construction Plan Checklist - The City of West Des Moines requires this document to be completed with any public improvement for subdivisions.
- Public Works Council Subcommittee Meetings - These meetings are held every other Monday from 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM. More information is available regarding each meeting in this link.
SUDAS (Statewide Urban Design and Specifications) with WDM Addendum (Coming Soon)
Survey - Benchmarks & Vertical Control Points - Vertical Control was established to third-order accuracy utilizing existing National Geodetic survey monuments tied to the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88).
- Traffic Counts - The City of West Des Moines collects traffic counts for even years dating back to 1992 that can be viewed using this link.
Ultimate Streets Map - The West Des Moines Ultimate Streets Map is available from the Development Services department. Paper copies or CDs can be purchased for $6.00. To purchase, contact the Development Services department at City Hall, 515-222-3620. This map is ready to download in .pdf format.
- Utility Map - The Utilities Map shows the locations of sanitary and storm sewer utilities.
- Street Lighting Policy - The City shall require that this policy be implemented when street lights are
installed along a City street with an urban cross section.
- Street Lighting Submittal Requirements - Required with the submittal of any street light analysis.