WDM EMS/IA EMS Alliance provides their employees with most of the training that the need to maintain their certifications in-house.
- three-day trainings (3DT) (three-day to ensure all three shifts make it to the training) several times a year.
- NREMT trainings every month to give our employees the opportunity to get all of their recertification hours in house.
- annual skills verification (based on certification level).
- BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS classes offered every other month.
- annual CEVO recertification.
- evening trainings several times a year.
- Monday night case reviews several times a year.
- other training opportunities offered include: NRP, PHTLS, CCP refresher.
Recent training opportunities have included:
February NREMT training - airway and ventilation - February 21st
February 3DT - EMS research, pediatric cardiac arrest, pediatric transport, medication delivery - February 14-16th
January NREMT - medication administration, pain management and research - January 17th
ACLS Refresher - January 11th
BLS Refresher - January 10th
January Case Studies - January 4th, 18th, 25th
December NREMT - mental health, cardiac arrest, and ECMO
November NREMT - Crew Resource Management in Critical Care Transports, Affective Characteristics, and safety
We also perform peer audits of both emergency calls and interfacility transports. WDMEMS/IA EMS Alliance has an Audit Committee, consisting of several medics that work 911 ambulances, hospital ambulances, or a combination of both. Any reports that a audit committee member feels needs to be reviewed further can be sent on to the deputy chief of training or the medical director(s). Reports are also sent to the deputy chief of training from the audit committee to be included in Monday night case reviews if appropriate. The audit process is very easy with our Zoll TabletPCR software.