How does an average commute time of 18 minutes sound?
Traveling throughout West Des Moines is easy due to an excellent arterial road system, meaning you won’t waste time stuck in traffic and neither will your customers and clients.
West Des Moines is blessed to be situated at the crossroads of two of America’s major interstates, I-35 and I-80, and within minutes of Des Moines International Airport, making West Des Moines a magnet for companies who recognize this transportation access as a distinct competitive advantage.
HIGHWAYWest Des Moines is served by I-35 which connects to the Twin Cities in the north and Kansas City to the south and I-80 which connects to Omaha to the west and Chicago to the east. Additionally, I-235 connects West Des Moines to downtown Des Moines. West Des Moines is also served by Iowa State Highway 65.
- Traffic Counts: Traffic Count Summary for local roads in West Des Moines.
- Traffic Count Map: 2012 Iowa DOT Traffic Count Map
- Des Moines International Airport is a multi-faceted operation. Public and private economic activities at the airport include basic airport operations, passenger services, cargo services, general aviation, along with a host of concessions and vendors all designed to assist travelers.
- Chartered flights can be obtained through several companies listed on this site to enable your company to set your own schedule.
- Air Cargo Des Moines International Airport already ranks in the top 50 airports for air cargo tonnage and is steadily increasing its ranking as more companies recognize the advantages of DSM International Airport.
- Des Moines Area Regional Transit contains information such as bus routes, fares, and carpool organization.