Construction of One Single-Family House on Each Lot at 221 8th Street & 225 8th Street
- Department:Mayor and City Council, City Manager, Community & Economic Development
- Category:Bid and RFP Notices
- RFP Number:NA 92
- Start Date:11/02/2018
- Close Date:11/28/2018 2:00 PM
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR CONSTRUCTION OF ONE SINGLE FAMILY HOUSE ON EACH LOT AT 221 8TH STREET AND
225 8TH STREET IN WEST DES MOINES
The City of West Des Moines is soliciting proposals from parties interested in constructing a single family house on each of the lots at 221 8th Street and 225 8th Street. Parties shall submit their proposals in a sealed envelope, plainly marked “221 8th Street and 225 8th Street”, no later than 2:00 p.m., local time, on Wednesday, November 28, 2018, in the City Clerk’s Office at West Des Moines City Hall, 4200 Mills Civic Parkway, Suite 2B, West Des Moines, Iowa.
PROPOSAL SUBMITTAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS. The City asks that the response to the RFP consist of five (5) hard copies along with a copy of the submittal in PDF file format contained on a compact disk or thumb drive. Each Proposal shall be in 8½” x 11”, vertical format, consisting only of the specified materials requested below. Folded 11” x 17” pages in landscape orientation are acceptable. To be responsive, each Proposal must include the following material in the exact order specified. Submittals not organized according to this format may be rejected. (Page limit: 20)
1. COVER LETTER:
• Explain why your organization should be chosen for one or both of these lots
• State your organization’s understanding of the work to be done.
2. NARRATIVE OF ORGANIZATION’S APPROACH:
• Summarize how the organization will approach this development if selected
• Provide a detailed description of your project design with an overall site plan and unit characteristics
• Provide a statement of public benefits of the development (projected increase in tax base, job creation, increased vitality, any minimization of public subsidy, if any, etc.)
• Provide a preliminary financial plan for development and sale of the unit(s)
• Provide overall project milestones and timeline
• Project budget
3. DEVELOPMENT TEAM: Provide a general introduction on the makeup of the project team, including a brief history of the organization and each team member's area of expertise. Note any past experience of team members working together on other projects. For each team member, include name, affiliation, address, and telephone number. List the person who will serve as the main contact throughout the development.
4. PROJECT EXPERIENCE: Description of the last three completed projects which demonstrate the organization’s current experience and ability to complete developments of a similar size, scope, and purpose in a timely manner and any other completed projects (representative examples) of similar types of developments.
The City reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids and waive irregularities and technicalities as determined to be in the best interests of the City.
For more information, please contact the City’s Community and Economic Development Department at 515-273-0770.
Click here to download the complete RFP packet