MidAmerican Energy Company RecPlex!
The City of West Des Moines is working with the private sector to bring a sports facility to the area that can be used for a wide variety of athletics and events! Read our latest news release regarding this exciting new facility.
The MidAmerican Energy Company RecPlex will provide a state-of-the-art regional recreational facility that will attract families from throughout the Midwest for tournaments. In addition, the complex will help our local economy by creating customers for our hotels, restaurants and stores. For more information and to watch our video, visit the MidAmerican Energy Company RecPlex website at www.midamericanrecplex.com.
MidAmerican Energy Company RecPlex Exterior Rendering
RecPlex Interior Cut-Away
Plans call for the MidAmerican Energy Company RecPlex to include:
• Two ice hockey rinks with room for up to four sheets of ice
• Three indoor soccer fields with synthetic turf (90,000 sq. ft.)
• Three indoor basketball courts
• Availability for 6 volleyball courts
• Five outdoor soccer fields
• Locker rooms and amenities
• 3,000 sq. ft. of meeting space
• 20,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space
• 3000 seat main arena with stage
• Batting cages and many other amenities
Our residents should know that no increase in property taxes is required to build, operate or staff this facility.
Of the $10 million needed from private donations, nearly $8 million has already been committed.
West Des Moines is utilizing Hotel Motel Tax funds as outlined in the State Code to maximize our public/private partnership to pay for building construction costs.
We also encourage you to visit this page frequently for updates on this exciting new RecPlex!
Exterior Preliminary Site Plan
Covered Ice Rendering