Make your next party or family outing special by having it in one of West Des Moines' beautiful parks. Shelter rental reservations can be made beginning on the first business day of January each year.
You can view shelter availability and submit requests for a shelter reservations online.
Information needed for rental requests:
Shelter reservations can also be made by phone with Visa, Mastercard or Discover by calling 515-222-3444 or in person with cash, check, or credit card at the West Des Moines Parks and Recreation Administrative Office at 4200 Mills Civic Parkway. Office hours are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Open-air shelters that can be reserved, weather permitting, between April 15 and October 15, are located at the following parks:
|American Legion Park||75 people
|Brookview Park||40 people
(Rental of Crossroads Park shelter includes reservation of the adjacent open playfield.)
|Fairmeadows Park||50 people
|Pearson Park||60 people
Biddle Rotary Shelter
Coneflower Shelter A
Coneflower Shelter B
Coneflower Shelter C
|Valley View Park||75 people|
When not rented, the shelters listed above are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
All other park shelters are non-reservable but are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click here for a matrix comparing all West Des Moines' parks and their amenities.
Rental Rates: $10 per hour, four hour minimum - rental time must include setup, event and clean-up.
- Shelter reservation fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds for cancellations.
- Changes in event date, time or location are subject to availability and will result in a $10 change fee.
- Events impacted by inclement weather must contact the Administrative Office at 515-222-3444 for rescheduling options within 3 business days of the event.
- Rescheduled dates must occur within the current calendar year.
- Changes due to inclement weather will still result in a $10 change fee.
- Additional permits are subject to availability and additional fees apply. Additional permits are needed for amplified sound (DJ, band, karaoke, etc.) or tent/inflatable (bounce house, etc.)
- The Park Shelter Rental Agreement serves as proof of your rental and event details. Please have it available during your rental.
For more information call 515-222-3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley View ParkAmenities:
- Aquatic Center
- Basketball Court
- Parking Lot
- Picnic Tables
- Restroom Building
- Sand Volleyball
- Shelter - reservable
- Tennis Court
This 80 acre community park is being constructed in phases. Upon completion this park will feature a variety of recreational opportunities for West Des Moines.
The park is home to the Valley View Aquatic Center. The aquatic center features a leisure pool with spray toys, a lazy river, water slides, a 25yd competitive pool with diving boards and drop slides. The aquatic center is located on the corner of 81st Street and Bridgewood Blvd., approx. 1/2 mile west of the Jordan Creek Town Center. For aquatic center information please call 273-0700.
The park also currently features a parking lot located on the west side of the park on 88th Street (just south of the WDM water tower located at 301 88th Street), which provides access to a large open playfield with backstops. Two lighted tennis courts and two lighted basketball courts are also adjacent to the parking lot.
- Valley View Aquatic Center
- A rentable picnic shelter (capacity of 75)
- Valley View Park Field Reservations
- Backstops (4)
- Parking lot
- Lighted basketball courts (2)
- Lighted tennis courts (2)
- Cricket pitch (1)
- Lighted sand volleyball courts (3)
For more information please call 222-3444 or email email@example.com