Make your next party or family outing special by having it in one of West Des Moines' beautiful parks. Shelter rental reservations can be made beginning on the first business day of January each year.
You can view shelter availability and submit requests for a shelter reservations online.
Information needed for rental requests:
Shelter reservations can also be made by phone with Visa, Mastercard or Discover by calling 515-222-3444 or in person with cash, check, or credit card at the West Des Moines Parks and Recreation Administrative Office at 4200 Mills Civic Parkway. Office hours are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Open-air shelters that can be reserved, weather permitting, between April 15 and October 15, are located at the following parks:
|American Legion Park||75 people
|Brookview Park||40 people
(Rental of Crossroads Park shelter includes reservation of the adjacent open playfield.)
|Fairmeadows Park||50 people
|Pearson Park||60 people
Biddle Rotary Shelter
Coneflower Shelter A
Coneflower Shelter B
Coneflower Shelter C
|Valley View Park||75 people|
When not rented, the shelters listed above are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
All other park shelters are non-reservable but are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click here for a matrix comparing all West Des Moines' parks and their amenities.
Rental Rates: $10 per hour, four hour minimum - rental time must include setup, event and clean-up.
- Shelter reservation fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds for cancellations.
- Changes in event date, time or location are subject to availability and will result in a $10 change fee.
- Events impacted by inclement weather must contact the Administrative Office at 515-222-3444 for rescheduling options within 3 business days of the event.
- Rescheduled dates must occur within the current calendar year.
- Changes due to inclement weather will still result in a $10 change fee.
- Additional permits are subject to availability and additional fees apply. Additional permits are needed for amplified sound (DJ, band, karaoke, etc.) or tent/inflatable (bounce house, etc.)
- The Park Shelter Rental Agreement serves as proof of your rental and event details. Please have it available during your rental.
For more information call 515-222-3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basketball Court
- Multi-Use Trail
- Parking Lot
- Picnic Tables
- Play Equipment
- Restroom Building
- Sand Volleyball
- Shelter - reservable
- Tennis Court
Fairmeadows Park, located at 22nd and Locust Street, offers a variety of activities for the park user. With mature trees overhead, and a rolling landscape, 8.13 acre Fairmeadows Park is one of West Des Moines most popular parks.
- A rentable picnic shelter with grill
- Restrooms (open April 15 - October 15, weather permitting)
- Play equipment
- Tennis court
- Large open playfield
- Two sand volleyball courts
- Basketball court
- Biking/walking trail (handicapped accessible)
- Fairmeadows Park Map
For more information please call 222-3444 or email email@example.com